You don’t need a special month (see: Novembeard) to spotlight your superior facial growth. If you want to own the look, you need the right tools to keep your beard in top shape. From the purposeful five o’clock shadow to a mountain man’s growth, these are the grooming must-haves to keep you turning heads.
1. Beard maintenance begins with proper trimming. Use the Braun Series 7-790cc Shaver System found at The Art of Shaving for daily use. Or rely on the talented hands found at Dapper Gents Grooming Lounge, who can provide that clean shave along your neckline and cheekbones for an unbeatably suave look. Shaver system available for $270 at The Art of Shaving (theartofshaving.com); book an appointment at Dapper Gents Grooming Lounge (dappergentsgrooming.com)
2. Next, get rid of remnants from your trim with a thorough cleansing. You’ll need a product that multitasks while adapting to your face’s needs. Shampoo and body wash just won’t cut it. Choose a product that washes away the grime on your skin and manages the thick hair found in your beard, such as face & beard wash by stubble & ‘stache. Available for $25 at stubble & ‘stache (stubbleandstache.com)
3. Pat your face with a dry towel and apply Old School Barbershop Conditioning Beard Oil by Maven Bath & Candle Co. for a classic gentleman’s scent or Premium Citrus Beard Oil by Golddachs from The Art of Shaving for irresistible freshness. Old School Barbershop Conditioning Beard Oil available for $24 at Maven Bath & Candle Co. (mavenstl.com); Premium Citrus Beard Oil by Golddachs available for $30 at The Art of Shaving
4. ROUGHNECK Beard Batter by Roughneck Beard Company also proves ideal as an after-wash with a shea-butter and hempseed-oil blend that replaces moisture and prevents itching. Bonus, lady friends can benefit from this grooming tool, too, since it can double as body butter. Available for $14.99 at Roughneck Beard Company (roughneckbeardcompany.com)
5. If you seek a nongreasy formula to tame your face’s mane, opt for a balm, which achieves the same conditioning benefits as oils. BeardStrong Balm by Roughneck Beard Company in Vigilant features a hint of spice and intrigue, creating a revitalizing combination too good to resist. Available for $18.99 at Roughneck Beard Company
6. Finally, to keep you looking refined (with the right amount of rugged) all day long, rely on Baxter’s Beard Comb and Brooklyn Grooming’s Mustache Comb found at Dapper Gents Grooming Lounge. Beard comb available for $16, and mustache comb available for $20 at Dapper Gents Grooming Lounge
7. When you need to groom on the go, take the Beardsman's Grooming Kit on your travels. Complete with combs and brush, trimming scissors, Beardbrand Mustache Wax and a Beardbrand beard oil, you'll have everything you need to maintain that handsome growth. Kit available for $200 at Beardbrand (beardbrand.com)