There are days for bright lipstick and a sultry smoky eye, and there are days you just want the appearance of a flawless face. Believe it or not, that au naturel effect can be tricky to achieve. Thankfully, with these five steps, you’ll look fresh and flawless and create the illusion that you’ve gone makeup-free.
1. Prep your face with OLE HENRIKSEN’S BANANA BRIGHT FACE PRIMER. This vitamin C-powered illuminating primer adds a base of radiance while ensuring your face stays in place. Simply dab it onto clean skin, rubbing it in, and your face will have a natural glow. Available from Ole Henriksen for $36. (olehenriksen.com)
2. Apply your go-to foundation (preferably one with a natural finish – no matte or so-called luminous foundations welcome here). Set it in place with MARC JACOBS’ FINISH LINE PERFECTING COCONUT SETTING POWDER. This creamy and loose powder contains five forms of coconut and cocoa butter that blur and perfect your complexion with a natural finish. Available from Marc Jacobs for $44. (marcjacobs.com)
3. A cream blush adds a natural sheen and radiance to the skin. Try FENTY BEAUTY’S MATCH STIX in the color Yacht Lyfe. Swipe the apples of your cheeks with the match stick, then work it outward toward your ears with either your ring finger or a makeup brush. Available from Fenty Beauty for $25. (fentybeauty.com)
4. Creating a natural lip is all about finding a shade closest to your natural lip color. However, when in doubt, apply a sheer balm like THE HONEST COMPANY’S MAGIC BEAUTY BALM. This balm, created with a blend of organic fruit and botanical oils, gives lips a luscious look while softening them. Available from The Honest Company for $12.99. (honest.com)
5. And if you want to take the au naturel look a step further, tousle your tresses with THE BEACHWAVER CO.’S SHUBIE SURF BEACH SPRAY. Infused with coconut oil and sea kelp, this beach spray does not result in dried dreads. Just spritz it over damp or dry hair from roots to ends, and scrunch your hair for tantalizing texture and natural waves. Available from The Beachwaver Co. for $18. (beachwaver.com)