Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:39 pm
Cardinals 2014 Theme Tickets
Thursday, January 2, 2014 12:00 pm
Alper Oztok, Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis GM, donned a Santa suit to deliver unwrapped toys and gift cards to the young patients at Children’s Hospital and Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center. Hotel guests and Siteman Cancer Center patrons donated the gifts at the hotel’s 5th annual tree lighting a few weeks prior. Pictured: Mary Harrington, Janet Pruneu and Alper Oztok. Photos by Lawrence Bryant
Thursday, July 18, 2013 12:00 pm
If you flip through the funnies or skim the editorials, you might miss what Bill Wilson calls a “fine art” often overlooked by its audience. This resident of Aberdeen Heights in Kirkwood is not only a former cartoonist—he’s an avid collector of editorial cartoons, illustrations and comic strips.
Friday, February 22, 2013 3:12 pm
DATE AND LOCATION CHANGED, CATERER ADDED FOR INAUGURAL ST. LOUIS THEATER CIRCLE AWARDS
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:27 pm
Performances by local professional theater companies, ranging in size from The Muny and its productions in the 11,000-seat Forest Park amphitheater to small companies performing in modest spaces throughout the area, will be recognized at the inaugural Louie Awards.
Thursday, July 5, 2012 3:34 pm
- EarthDance will host the annual Pesto Festo at the Ferguson Farmers Market, 20 S. Florissant Road, on Saturday, July 14. The free event is a celebration of the basil season and all things local and sustainable. Highlights include a pesto cooking contest, kid’s yoga class, pesto cooking demos by local chefs and book signings by local authors. For more information, go to earthdancefarms.org.
- More restaurant debuts to report! Southwest Diner has officially opened its doors at 6803 Southwest Ave. (naturally). The menu features a variety of Mexican cuisine and classic diner fare. And food truck favorite The Sweet Divine has bowed its first brick-and-mortar location at 4521 S. Kingshighway.
- 4 Hands Brewing Co. initially hosted a rotating roster of food trucks to supply sustenance to its hungry patrons. But the brewery now has its own on-site eatery. The Fifth Wheel, a new restaurant from DAVID BAILEY, has opened in the brewery, offering a variety of sandwiches and appetizers. There's not much of a kitchen on premises, so most of the menu will be supplied by the commissary at Bailey's Range. 4 Hands also will be teaming up with Balaban’s Wine Cellar & Tapas Bar later this month for a beer dinner. The event will take place on Sunday, July 22, at 6:30 p.m. and will feature a five-course meal paired with five of the brewery’s beers for $55. Call 636-449-6700 or go online at balabanswine.com for details and reservations.
- Travel and food aficionados will soon have the opportunity to indulge both passions on the high seas. Vin de Set’s executive chef IVY MAGRUDER will be teaching a culinary class aboard Oceania’s new vessel, Riviera, in the Bon Appetit Culinary Center, the only hands-on cooking school at sea. Hone your culinary skills while enjoying Caribbean ports-of-call like Tortola, Antigua, Barbados, Saint Lucia and St. Barts. The cruise will take place Jan. 23 to Feb. 2, 2013. For more information, call 1-877-313-9009 or log on to cruisingwiththechefs.com.
- The Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch has begun participating in Hyatt’s global healthy eating plan, Food. Thoughtfully Sourced. Carefully Served., which the company introduced at its U.S. properties last year as part of the Hyatt Thrive global responsibility platform. The property’s restaurants and room service will be providing dishes with natural ingredients, employing sustainable practices and sourcing from local purveyors, among other initiatives.
Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:29 pm
- The fifth annual Top Chef: The Tour returns to St. Louis on Saturday, June 30, at Soulard Farmer’s Market. ‘Chef’testants’ Ed Lee from Top Chef season nine and Kenny Gilbert from season seven will compete in a live interactive cook-off. Three shows are scheduled at 10:30 a.m., noon and 1:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. For more info, go to bravotv.com/thetour.
Thursday, May 3, 2012 1:00 pm
The Zodiac restaurant, located in Neiman Marcus, has debuted a new menu celebrating the St. Louis Cardinals. Redbird-centric items include Saint Louis Beer & Cheese Soup, Ball Park Chili, Triple Play Slider Plate, Batter Up Bistro Burger and a Cardinal Red Velvet Cupcake, among other delicacies.
Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:51 am
Chef MIKE WARHOVER, late of Terrene and Bailey’s Range, has taken over the kitchen at Modesto, replacing GRACE DINSMOOR, who recently left the restaurant.
Thursday, February 2, 2012 3:01 pm
Bailey’s Range, restaurateur David Bailey’s foray into the world
of gourmet burgers, opened downtown last fall and quickly gained a
reputation as the place for burgerphiles to indulge their meaty
Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:28 am
- James Beard Award-winning chef and St. Louis native PATRICK
CONNOLLY will be the star attraction at a very special dinner on
Saturday, March 10, at Chandler Hill Vineyards. Connolly, the
executive chef at The Kitchen in New York City, has done time in
some of the best restaurants on the East Coast, including BoBo in
NYC and Radius in Boston. The dinner will consist of four to five
courses, created by Connolly and Chandler Hills chef COREY
ELLSWORTH. The cost for the event is $89 per person, with a wine
pairing option. For reservations, call 636-798-2675 or
- Southside favorite SweetArt has introduced a new menu,
featuring baked savory items. The plan is to switch up themenu
weekly and use asmany seasonal ingredients that are available. Look
for four to six different (vegetarian and/or vegan) ‘pies’
eachweek. There alsowill be aweekly seasonal salad and soup. Those
with a sweet tooth, don’t fret; dessert pies, cupcakes, cookies and
bars will still be available.
- MIKE WARHOVER has joined the kitchen team at chef BRIAN
HARDESTY’s new eatery, Root.Warhover and Hardesty worked together
before at the now-shuttered Terrene in theCWE.Most
recently,Warhover was executive chef at Bailey’s Range.*
- Harvest in Richmond Heights will be serving Sunday brunch from
10 a.m. until 2 p.m. beginning Feb. 5. The menu will include shrimp
and grits, smoked salmon, Belgian waffles and crepes, among other
- The 15th annual LoRusso’s Pasta Bowl is taking place on Monday,
Jan. 30, at LoRusso’s Cucina. This year, three winners frompast
years will go up against each other, with the winner securing a
spot on the regularmenu for the next year. Every time it’s ordered,
$2 will be donated to Operation Food Search. Cost to attend is $65
per person plus gratuity. Reservations can bemade by calling
647-6222, ext. 102, or go to lorussos.com.
- 4 Hands Brewing Company now has its beers available at 20 area
bars and restaurants, including both locations of International Tap
House, The Crow’s Nest in Maplewood and Bailey’s Range downtown.
Look for 4 Hands brews in bottles in the near future, too.
- The Missouri Winefest is back for its 26th year. The event will
be held Feb. 11 and 12 fromnoon until 5 p.m. atWestport Plaza. More
than 50 wines from Missouri wineries will be available for tasting
and purchase. Cost to attend is $20 per person, and proceeds
benefit The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Info at westportstl.
com, or call 576-7100.
Friday, November 11, 2011 10:23 am
◆The latest Saint Louis Bread Co. bakery/cafe officially opened
on Wednesday, Nov. 2, at 10336 Clayton Road, adjacent to Plaza
Frontenac. The new location features Bread Co.’s fresh artisan
breads and quality ingredients, as well as the company’s take-out
concept, Saint Louis Bread Co. Catering.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 12:00 am