Ladue News, a weekly lifestyle publication reaching the most affluent and influential St. Louisans for more than 35 years, and Feast Magazine, an award-winning monthly regional culinary publication, are currently accepting applications for talented and ambitious editorial interns to join the magazines' St. Louis offices for immediate hire.
Ladue News and Feast editorial interns are paid hourly minimum wage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write reported stories for feastmagazine.com's daily updated news blog, The Feed, and laduenews.com’s daily updated blog, The Cut
- Work closely with Feast and Ladue News editors to upload content to the blogging platform
- Opportunity to write bylined front-of-book stories
- Enthusiasm for reporting stories in-person
- Help brainstorm and research ideas for blog content of both publications
- Ability to and interest in attending and covering events on weeknights and weekends
- Experience and interest in photography a plus
- Thorough proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Strong reporting and writing skills, including the ability to turn stories around on tight deadlines
- Command of editorial best practices and AP style
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Photoshop (or other image-editing software) and the ability to work within a CMS
- A degree in journalism or media communications (or students pursuing journalism or media communications degrees) preferred
- Availability to work up to 30 hours per week during business hours
- College juniors and seniors or recent college graduates preferred
Qualified candidates must submit a professional cover letter, resume and three to five writing samples to email@example.com. Please include your preferred start and end dates, along with the number of hours and, if known, dates and times available. No phone calls, please.
Application deadline: Monday, July 30, 2018
Per company policy, all applicants considered for editorial internships at Lee Enterprises must pass a post-offer drug screen and background/driving history report screening prior to commencing employment.