YWCA Metro St. Louis has set the standard for recognition of outstanding women whose accomplishments draw accolades from their professional peers and the community at large. These distinguished honorees were celebrated at the annual YWCA Leader Lunch before hundreds of guests in a packed ballroom. The women came from fields like corporate management, education, racial justice, entrepreneurship, philanthropy and the professions.
In addition, a Future Leader selected from the ranks of area high school seniors was honored. The 2017 YWCA Leaders of Distinction are:
- Diane Compardo Partner, Moneta Group
- Jovita Foster Partner and Inclusion Chair, Armstrong Teasdale
- Dr. Tara Nealey Shareholder, Polsinelli
- Emily Pitts Principal, Inclusion and Diversity, Edward Jones
- Mary Stillman Founder and Executive Director, Hawthorn Leadership School for Girls
- Jennifer Labit Founder and CEO, Cotton Babies
- Noémi Neidorff Philanthropist and Community Volunteer
- Leila Sadat Professor and Director, Washintgon University School of Law
- Karen Aroesty Regional Director, Anti-Defamation League
- Kennedi Ginger Whitfield School
YWCA Metro St. Louis is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering women and eliminating racism. YWCA offers housing for homeless women, crisis intervention and counseling for victims of sexual assault, domestic violence support services, economic empowerment for women, early learning, youth and teen development, and racial justice training. YWCA is a proud United Way of Greater St. Louis member agency.