These eight homes are stunning examples of luxury homes that were listed or sold in 2011:
1. 1300 SOUTH MASON ROAD This 7-year-old home sits on a 15-acre equestrian estate. At more than 10,000 square feet, it includes a seven-car garage, six fireplaces and a carriage house. The two-story barrel vaulted living room has breathtaking views of the grounds. The first floor master suite has a spiral staircase to a private exercise room. The finished lower level boasts an additional gym, billiards room and home theater. The space opens out to the rear of the property, pool, fountain and stable.
2. 11 CARRSWOLD DRIVE This home is an architecturally significant Maritz & Young Tudor, located in one of Clayton’s most exclusive neighborhoods. From the moment you set foot in the elegant entry hall, the grandeur of the house is apparent: It has seven bedrooms and nine baths and features 10,000-plus square feet of living space. The home sits on a large manicured lot that features landscaped terraces, tennis court and a pool and pool house with changing rooms and a mini-kitchen.
3. 11760 LADUE ROAD Water ski in your own backyard! This 6-year-old custom home overlooks a spectacular 20-acre lake. The four-bedroom, six-bath home has top-of-theline finishes throughout, and a fabulous gourmet kitchen with Viking appliances, maple cabinets, wet bar and granite countertops. The hearth room features built-in bookcases, a stone fireplace; and the floor-to-ceiling Palladian windows in the great room offer stunning views of the backyard oasis.
4. 37 WILLOW HILL This beautiful 4-year-old home is located in Ladue’s charming Willow Hill neighborhood. The grand front hall leads to the formal dining room with hard wood floors and wainscoting. The designer kitchen features mosaic glass tile, custom cabinetry, upscale appliances and an eating area that opens to a breezy back patio. There are plantation shutters and gorgeous moldings throughout. The home features four bedrooms, including a grand first-floor master suite and four and one half baths.
5. ONE WOOD ACRE ROAD This sprawling home sits on 3 acres in one of Ladue’s most sought-after neighborhoods. With more than 8,600 square feet of living space, this home is ideal for entertaining. The walk out lower level with see-through fireplace opens onto manicured grounds, patio and pool. The lower level also features a theater room, game room, wine room and guest suite. French doors in the great room and hearth room open to the pool area.
6. 17927 BONHOMME RIDGE COURT This wonderful ranch-style home sits on a large lot in Wildwood’s desirable Greystone subdivision. The home has easy access to shopping and restaurants, while offering plenty of privacy. The landscaped grounds feature a three-season room, koi pond, covered porch, hot tub and swimming pool. The open floor plan features a kitchen/hearth room, media room, game room and bar area. The home has four bedrooms and four and one half baths.
7. EIGHT RADNOR ROAD Extensively renovated, this 1939 Gale Henderson Georgian Revival sits on 3 manicured acres and features 10,000-plus square feet of living space. The grand foyer with curving staircase opens to a living room, dining room and custom wine room. The great room leads to an outdoor veranda that features a wood-burning fireplace. Backyard highlights include gardens, a pool and a fountain. The pool house features a bar/kitchenette, guest suite, game room and workout area.
8. TWO GRAND MERIDIEN COURT Meticulously maintained and exceptionally appointed, this 5-year-old home is the fusion of luxury and functionality. Sitting on 4 acres, the home features soaring coffered ceilings, intricate millwork and stained glass appointments. The master suite includes sleeping and lounging areas with stone fireplace, walk-in closets and luxurious bath. The kitchen with state-of-the-art appliances offers a Miele coffee station, breakfast bar and hearth room with wet bar and computer area. The pool area features a grill, fireplace and patio.