The former International Shoe Company downtown is home to City Museum, a giant playhouse catering to kids and adults alike. More than 600,000 square feet of attractions spur the imagination and the mind.
MONSTROCITY offers a castle turret, fire engine and two Saber 40 aircraft fuselages, all connected by a network of metal pathways. The result is a jungle gym that’s fit for anyone with a sense of adventure.
ENCHANTED CAVES, a maze of stairways and cavernous corridors lined with sculptures and dragons, lie underneath the museum’s main level. Twists and turns provide ample opportunities for exploring.
A WIDE WORLD of other experiences are around every corner, ranging from the World Aquarium to Art City, a historic Shoelace Factory and a giant ball pit, to name only a few. Found objects, surreal sculptures and playful creations await!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Summer Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 a.m.; Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- General admission is $12. Discounted rates apply for large groups, nonprofits and weekend nights.
- Visitors younger than 18 should have an adult with them after 5 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. For large groups, there must be an adult for every six children.
- Parking is available on the Serpentine lot on 16th Street for $5 (cash only). Additional parking lots are across 16th Street and across Delmar Boulevard. Metered parking also is available.
- For more information, call 231-2489 or visit citymuseum.org.