Take your shower to new heights with natural, hand-crafted soaps that are bursting with summertime freshness. Your skin will love you for it!
Clockwise, from top left:
1. Orange you glad we found U.S. Apothecary’s Orange Water Bar Soap from K. HALL? Fill your bath with the scent of orange blossoms, said to promote joy and happiness, as well as calendula petals for soothing and healing the skin. Available at K. Hall in Brentwood and Plaza Frontenac, and online at khalldesigns.com.
2. For a pick-me-up, lather up with MRS. MEYER’S CLEAN DAY Lemon Verbena aromatherapeutic hand and body soap. Its 100-percent pure vegetable base is triple-milled for the richest, creamiest suds. $4, mrsmeyers.com.
3. St. Louis-based BUDDHA BODY & BATH soaps are all-natural and vegan. The colorful Tea Tree Citrus bar is just like the sun: fresh, lively and bright! $5, available at Webster Groves Farmers Market and other local shops, and online at buddha.indiemade.com.
4. Soap up with the scent of summer with HERBARIA’s new Fennel Mint bar. The local soap-maker has combined the licorice-like fragrance of fennel with peppermint for a refreshing scent, along with hemp seed oil for extra moisture. $6, available at Missouri Botanical Garden, Whole Foods and other local retailers, and online at herbariasoap.com.
5. O’Fallon, Missouri-based OLD MOUNTAIN SOAP is soap with a mission: A portion of the proceeds benefit the National Park Foundation. Find insect-repelling and good-for-your-skin essential oils like lavender, sage, lemongrass and tea tree in offerings like Al Fresco, perfect for before—and after—your outdoor adventure! $6, available at Ladue Pharmacy, The Smokehouse Market, Freddie’s Market and other local retailers.
6. Why be magnificent when you can be Mangnificent? The new summer soap from LUSH is bursting with the fruitiness of mango. You’ll find dried and pureed fruit blended into the soap, along with lmeon and Tunisian neroli oil, for a luxuriously rejuvenating (and toning!) treatment. $7.80 (¼ lb.), available at LUSH St. Louis Galleria and Macy’s West County Center.
7. Webster Groves-based KIND SOAP COMPANY offers aromatherapy at its best: Its handmade soaps like Lavender Fields are chockfull of oils and butters for optimum cleansing and moisture for the skin without the harsh stuff. $7.50 each, available at Kind Soap Company, and online at kindsoap.com.