Make your bathroom a luxurious and relaxing oasis with these fresh, clean and airy accents.
John Henke, Graniterra
• CLEAN LINES. Vessel sink bowls are being replaced with clean, simple lines on sinks, as well as painted white cabinetry.
• FRESH FEEL. Simple and classy freestanding tubs are a new trend to give the bathroom an open and fresh feel.
• LAP OF LUXURY. For decorative lighting, try intimate sconces over the sink and elegant chandeliers above the freestanding tub to add a luxurious atmosphere to the bathroom.
• STEP UP. With flooring, ceramic or porcelain tiles are being substituted for plank style, such as travertine.
• ADDING PIZZAZZ. Granite countertops are popular—marbles and stones in blues, greens and grays, with patterns that offer a lot of pizzazz.
Karen Bland, Immerse
• MIRROR, MIRROR. Add a luxurious medicine cabinet with an integrated television—a combination of a two-way mirror, storage cabinet and technology—that saves space while combining three needs into one simple solution.
• MAKE A STATEMENT. Choose a sink that reflects your home’s personality—from history-inspired sinks to modern stainless steel tile mosaics.
• VINTAGE LUXURY. Re-create vintage luxury with a freestanding tub, with air jets and heated backrests for a spa-like experience without leaving home.
• ACCESSORIZE IT. For an inexpensive and simple way to dress up a lavatory, add a decorative drain cover.
• BE BOLD. Splash your bath furniture in playful hues, such as celery, robin’s egg blue and china red.