Transform your bath into a personal oasis with these stunning makeover tips from local designers.
Jennifer Trentadue, Henry Plumbing
• REST AND RELAXATION. Make your bath a private spa by positioning a free-standing volcanic limestone tub in an alcove by a window under a chandelier.
• WARM AND COZY. Heated floors not only warm up the floor but make the whole bathroom feel cozy.
• INTRIGUING ANGLES. With its unique sizes and angles, a slate porcelain tile set in a Versailles pattern adds interest to the flooring.
• CUSTOM CABINETRY. Upper cabinetry towers sitting on countertops keep your appliances hidden at standing level for convenient use and storage.
• FABULOUS FAUCETS. A Hansgrohe faucet is the new ‘it’ fixture—there’s nothing quite like it.
Jenny Rausch, Karr Bick Kitchen + Bath
• DECADENT DETAILS. Custom molding gives a space a sense of age and luxury.
• FLATTERING FABRIC. A soft and cozy textured fabric on a window seat adds to the room’s visual impact.
• STUNNING SHOWER. Marble shower tile and the soft sweeping curves of a shower seat are useful, unexpected touches.
• STORAGE SPACE. Antique mirror glass doors add character to storage space.
• ELEGANT ENTERTAINMENT. For entertainment during your morning routine, an area for coffee brewing and TV viewing can be achieved with built-in refrigeration and a tile barrel vault ceiling, complete with a hanging crystal light fixture.
Stephanie Elzein, Graniterra
• MAGNIFICENT MARBLE. Italian marble, which can be used for everything from the floor to the ceiling, always is elegant and never out of style.
• ATTRACTIVE ACCENTS. Ornate tile accents look great as a focal point for the space.
• DRAMATIC DIRECTION. Diagonal placement of tile costs slightly more, but adds a ‘wow’ factor.
• CUSTOM COUNTERTOPS. Stone countertop edges can range from simple to ornate—with two stacked and shaped layers for a beautiful, unique look.
• FANCY FIXTURES. Adding unique plumbing fixtures and knobs is a great way to personalize your space.