It doesn’t have to be warm and sunny outside to hold a spring-inspired party at your home. Spring forward with these creative and trendy tips from local event-planning experts.
Maureen FitzGibbon, Kate & Company
• HOT HUES. Pantone’s official colors for the season are a must-have for any spring soiree: Scuba blue, aquamarine and Lucite green, toasted almond and lavender herb, and pops of tangerine complement any spring-inspired party.
• CHIC STYLE. Incorporate acrylic elements, mirrored tabletops, preppy flowers and modern patterns into plates and napkins for a freshly futuristic tablescape.
• FAMILY FEAST. Once the bitter winter cold thaws into warmer spring temperatures, set up outdoor feasting-style tables for a family-friendly gathering.
• SLEEK SLATE. A minimalistic look for the tabletop will draw attention to lavish food displays, fresh blooms, lush succulents and colorful patterns.
Josie Littlepage, Cosmopolitan Events
• ENERGY INFUSION. Boost the party’s energy with lots of color by inviting guests to wear their best spring outfits, such as Lilly Pulitzer dresses, and using brightly patterned table linens, napkins and placemats, as well as textured glasses.
• CREATIVE CONTAINERS. Repurpose unique containers, such as teapots and umbrella holders, for centerpieces featuring fresh fruit or flowers.
• SPRING SCENT. Add fragrant flowers, such as lilies and gardenias, around the house to refresh guests’ mindset and welcome springtime.
• SOOTHING SONGS. Use strings, such as a harpist playing contemporary tunes, for light, ethereal background music.
• PERENNIAL PRESENTS. Spring is a time of natural growth—offer favors such as a packet of flower seeds or a miniature potted plant just beginning to bloom.
Michelle Moulden, Absolutely IN!
• PRETTY PALETTE. Be inspired by Pantone’s 2015 spring colors, an ethereal mix of pale pastels to nature-like neutrals.
• FARM FRESH. Go with a garden theme, with farm-to-table food, from fresh fruits and vegetables, to floral drinks and honey-crisp juices.
• EFFORTLESS ELEGANCE. Keep it simple, but elegant with floral art, from hanging arrangements with pastel-colored peonies to floral-printed linens.
• COZY CORNER. Create comfortable guest lounge areas with sofas and oversized chairs for relaxing and enjoying casual conversation.
• FRENCH FLAIR. Add a Parisian feel by offering pastel-colored macaroons as favors.