Find out what local designers are telling us about what’s out of style and what’s on trend for home décor.
Josie Robison, Ooh La La Home Furnishings
• Out with the old, matching furniture collections, and in with the individual, unique pieces for a more eclectic look.
Diane Breckenridge, Diane Breckenridge Interiors
• Out with the safe color schemes, and in with the unexpected.
Anne Smith, June Roesslein Interiors
• Out with color-blocked fabrics, and in with various patterned fabrics.
Debbie Donnelly, Donnelly Interiors
• Out with refinement, and in with distressing.
Jane Ganz, Directions in Design
• Out with simple lighting, and in with dramatic lighting.
Carolyn Peterson, Carolyn Peterson Design
• Out with chocolate brown, and in with mocha and cinnamon.
Courtney Novak, Design Source
• Out with the predictable and in with the unexpected.