The heat may be on, but your look doesn't have to wilt from the weather. This season's options for makeup offer a thirst-quenching, tantalizing array of shades, with a little razzle dazzle to sizzle up those hot summer nights.
1. This dazzling duo from VINCENT LONGO offers an array of light, texture, and layers of matte and shimmering color. The Dew Drop Radiant Blush in Temple Peach ($30) relies on a unique, powder-pressing technique to layer colors and add a hint of shine for a demi-matte finish. The Pearl X Eyeshadow in Code 6 Pink ($25) is multi-textured, flawlessly blending and shifting upon each application, to create looks from soft and natural to sexy and smoky. Available at Soft Surroundings
2. The shimmer is on with MAC's Wash & Dry Veluxe Pearl Fusion ShadowTrio in Permanent Press ($27.50). Shades of beige, bronze and black with gold pearl have color-true pigments that last up to eight hours without creasing or fading. Available at MAC, Macy’s and Nordstrom
3. The organic line VAPOUR recently launched a carmine-free collection. Carmine is a bright-red pigment commonly used in many cosmetics that may cause severe allergic reaction for some people. The Aura Multi-Use Blush in Cheeky ($36) is a multi-tasking stick that also can be used for definition and contour, in addition to adding a hint of glow to the cheeks, lips and eyes. The Mesmerize Eye Color in Ace ($20) kisses eyelids a sultry, silvery plum shade for a look that can go from day to night. vapourbeauty.com
4. Give lips a refreshing burst of color with JANE IREDALE's LipDrink Lip Balm. Complete with SPF 15, tinted shades like Crush and Buff ($15 each) add just a hint of color to lips, while moisturizing and protecting with a blend of nourishing waxes, oils and antioxidants. shop.janeiredale.com
5. MAC's new Bronzing Powder in Delicates ($27.50) is a nod to the brand's breezy Wash & Dry summer collection. The neutral, deep bronze shade has a touch of gold glimmer to give the face a sun-kissed glow. Available at MAC, Macy’s and Nordstrom
6. The aptly named Pink Holiday Luxury Cream Lipstick collection will have you saying, Ooh la la! The long-wearing, conditioning formula comes in fun, flirty shades like the intense peony pink of Shopping in Paris and the bright coral pink of Champagne Toast ($27 each). Available at Soft Surroundings