Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 3:06 pm
- Maggiano’s Little Italy and Make-A-Wish Foundation are partnering for a Casino Night event at the restaurant on Wednesday, June 27, from 6 to 9 p.m. The evening will feature dinner, casino games and prizes, and will raise funds to help a local Make-A-Wish ambassador achieve his dream of going to Hawaii. For info and tickets, call 827-2148.
- Look for The Shaved Duck on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, where it will be featured later this year.
- Chef ERIC BRENNER, of Moxy fame, will be heading to NYC this summer to work full-time for Bold Organics, the organic gluten- and dairy-free frozen pizza business he helped found last year. Brenner tells us he’ll be heading up the marketing effort, as well as working on product development, but he’s not leaving St. Louis behind: He’ll still be involved with Robust (where he has been serving as ‘chief culinary officer‘), including the opening of the restaurant’s new digs in the Mercantile Building downtown, as well as consulting for Isle of Capri. Good luck!
- 4 Hands Brewing Company will be working with several local restaurants this year on custom concoctions. The brewery is creating PiPA, an American pale ale, specifically for sale at area Pi Pizzeria locations. There are plans in the works for a collaboration with Pappy’s Smokehouse, dubbed Smoked Pigasus, which will be available around town in September. Pappy’s will be smoking the malt for this rye porter. And there will also be a collaboration on a sweet potato-based brew called Morning Glory with restaurateur DAVID BAILEY, which will be showing up in area watering holes.
- Chaumette Vineyards & Winery in Ste. Genevieve has opened the Barn At Chaumette, a renovated stable that will serve as a premier event space, and will be hosting Five First Fridays to celebrate. The events will feature live music, food and drink and be held on the first Friday of the month from June through October. The owners hope to take advantage of the ‘barn wedding’ trend. More info is available at 573-747-1000.
- Mobile eatery Steamroller Bagel & Deli has hit the streets, offering fresh sandwiches on steamed bagels. Fans can keep up with the truck on Twitter @SteamrollerSTL, on Facebook at SteamrollerSTL or on the company website, steamroller.com. Speaking of food trucks, local favorites Seoul Taco and Guerilla Street Food head to Chicago in July for a brief tour, showcasing the best of St. Louis street foods.
- Look for Melt, a new cafe boasting coffee, specialty drinks, waffles and more to open its doors this month at 7700 Ivory Ave. in Carondelet.
Thursday, June 14, 2012 3:06 pm.