L'Ecole Culinaire's Le Food Truck
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:12 am
Updated: 11:14 am, Thu May 31, 2012.
- Big news from the CWE. WES JOHNSON, co-owner and executive chef at Salt, has left the restaurant he helped lead to a James Beard nomination. Johnson is now working at Cafe Pintxos, the eatery in the Hotel Ignacio in midtown, as executive chef and soon he’ll be debuting a new project, Fixe. Johnson says the restaurant will be only open on weekends and will provide a smaller and more intimate dining experience. Johnson says he’s scouting some potential locations in the U. City area and hopes to open the doors sometime this fall. Johnson is partnering up with fellow chef BRENDAN NOONAN, who currently works at Harvest, in the endeavor. The two have worked together in the past at such popular culinary destinations as Eclipse, The Scottish Arms and The Shaved Duck. We can’t wait to see what they come up with.
- Chez Leon has closed its doors. The high-end French eatery, which moved to Clayton from its original CWE location in early 2010, was apparently a victim of the continuing sluggish economy.
- Chef CHRIS DIMECURIO, most recently at Taste by Niche, is now chef de cuisine at Vino Nadoz in Richmond Heights.
- Curbside Cookery is the latest food truck to hit the St. Louis scene. The truck will be serving up comfort food favorites like grilled cheese and burritos, and is expected to be on the road later this month, according to owner DAVID JOHNSON. In other mobile food news, L’Ecole Culinaire’s Le Food Truck, which debuted a couple of months ago, and has been focusing on stops in the county, is now venturing into the city to sell its wares.
- Pi at the MX, the latest eatery in the Pi Pizzeria empire, has opened its doors at the Mercantile Exchange Building (hence the name) at 610 Washington Ave.
- The Saint Louis Brewers Heritage Festival will be held from Friday, June 15, through Sunday, June 17, at Ballpark Village downtown, across from Busch Stadium. Guests will get to sample 80 beers from more than 15 local breweries, eat fine fare courtesy of Vin de Set, Harvest, Companion, LoRusso’s, and Sqwires, as well as enjoying live music and a variety of other activities. Go online for more details at stlbrewfest.com
More about Salt
Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:12 am.
Updated: 11:14 am.