Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 12:16 pm
- More Kudos for chef GERARD CRAFT and crew. The Eater has listed Craft’s upcoming Pastaria restaurant as one of the 25 most anticipated restaurant openings in the country for 2012. The new eatery is slated to open late this summer in the Centenne Plaza in Clayton.
- Mathew’s Kitchen will be open for lunch starting on Monday, April 16. The lunch schedule will be Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. The restaurant also is instituting a take-out box lunch program at the same time, with delivery available.
- Loop favorite Blueberry Hill has debuted the first major redesign of its menu in 23 years. Not only is it the first full-color bill of fare for the eatery, but it introduces several new dishes, including the wagyu burger, wagyu sliders, chicken sliders and the turkey burger.
- The folks who own Local Harvest Grocery, Cafe & Catering have announced some big expansion plans. They’re looking to open a new location in Kirkwood in the space that used to house McDonnell’s Market, as well as a location downtown in the Old Post Office, where Pasta House Pronto once resided. The goal is for an August opening for the Kirkwood space and July 1 for the downtown location.
- The second Tour D’Onut will be happening this Sunday, April 15. The non-competitive bicycle tour of area donut spots will begin at 8:30 a.m. at World’s Fair Donuts, 1904 S. Vandeventer Ave. Info at tourdonut.tumblr.com.
- Russell’s Cafe and Bakery in Fenton will be moving a few doors down from its current location this June. The new space at 942 Brookwood Center is about twice as big and will seat approximately 55. It’ll also house the bakery’s commissary kitchen.
- We told you a little while ago that the owners of Trattoria Marcella were going to be opening up another eatery in West County on Clayton Road. It was recently announced that the new restaurant will be called Marcela’s Mia Sorella, or ‘my sister.’
- St. Louis is one of the first markets selected to have access to a new service from Living Social called Takeout & Delivery. Customers can browse participating restaurants and place their orders online at livingsocial. com/menus, or click on the Takeout & Delivery tab on their Living Social app for a directory of restaurants.
- The latest MICHAEL DEL PIETRO restaurant, Tavolo, has officially opened in the Loop at 618 Delmar Blvd.
Thursday, April 12, 2012 12:16 pm.