- James Beard Award-winning chef and St. Louis native PATRICK CONNOLLY will be the star attraction at a very special dinner on Saturday, March 10, at Chandler Hill Vineyards. Connolly, the executive chef at The Kitchen in New York City, has done time in some of the best restaurants on the East Coast, including BoBo in NYC and Radius in Boston. The dinner will consist of four to five courses, created by Connolly and Chandler Hills chef COREY ELLSWORTH. The cost for the event is $89 per person, with a wine pairing option. For reservations, call 636-798-2675 or email@example.com.
- Southside favorite SweetArt has introduced a new menu, featuring baked savory items. The plan is to switch up themenu weekly and use asmany seasonal ingredients that are available. Look for four to six different (vegetarian and/or vegan) ‘pies’ eachweek. There alsowill be aweekly seasonal salad and soup. Those with a sweet tooth, don’t fret; dessert pies, cupcakes, cookies and bars will still be available.
- MIKE WARHOVER has joined the kitchen team at chef BRIAN HARDESTY’s new eatery, Root.Warhover and Hardesty worked together before at the now-shuttered Terrene in theCWE.Most recently,Warhover was executive chef at Bailey’s Range.*
- Harvest in Richmond Heights will be serving Sunday brunch from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. beginning Feb. 5. The menu will include shrimp and grits, smoked salmon, Belgian waffles and crepes, among other tasty delights.
- The 15th annual LoRusso’s Pasta Bowl is taking place on Monday, Jan. 30, at LoRusso’s Cucina. This year, three winners frompast years will go up against each other, with the winner securing a spot on the regularmenu for the next year. Every time it’s ordered, $2 will be donated to Operation Food Search. Cost to attend is $65 per person plus gratuity. Reservations can bemade by calling 647-6222, ext. 102, or go to lorussos.com.
- 4 Hands Brewing Company now has its beers available at 20 area bars and restaurants, including both locations of International Tap House, The Crow’s Nest in Maplewood and Bailey’s Range downtown. Look for 4 Hands brews in bottles in the near future, too.
- The Missouri Winefest is back for its 26th year. The event will be held Feb. 11 and 12 fromnoon until 5 p.m. atWestport Plaza. More than 50 wines from Missouri wineries will be available for tasting and purchase. Cost to attend is $20 per person, and proceeds benefit The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Info at westportstl. com, or call 576-7100.
*Matt Sorrell has been writing about the St. Louis food scene for more than 10 years. He’s also currently working the bar at Root in Richmond Heights.