Free College Funding Workshop Shows Parents How Not To Overpay for College
A free workshop focusing on how parents can minimize their out-of-pocket costs for college will be hosted at the Des Peres Lodge, 1050 Des Peres Rd., St. Louis, MO 63131, on:
Ø Tuesday, May 20, 7:00pm to 8:00pm CST
The speaker will be Kevin Anderson, MBA, a local college funding coach and an Authorized Advisor of the College Planning Network. In the midst of sending his second child through college, Kevin knows first-hand the challenges parents face in getting beyond the myths (state schools are cheaper) and in getting beyond basic tips (e.g. how to complete FAFSA).
Kevin will be discussing such topics as how to send your kids to the school of their dreams without going broke, how parents can significantly increase their eligibility for financial aid, and how parents can find scholarships and grants parents they have never even heard of. This workshop bridges the gap by providing parents holistic and insightful “insider information” about the entire college funding process.
Additional topics to be included:
· How to pay for college with the least amount of money out of your pocket;
· How to send your child to a fancy private school for less than the cost of a state school;
· How to pick the colleges that will give you the most amount of money;
· The one mistake every parent makes when applying for scholarships; and
· 3 sure-fire strategies to be able to afford those “stretch” private schools you have dreamed about.
Admission is free but seating is limited by the size of the room. Parents can call 636-594-2280 to reserve seats, or they can make a reservation on-line at www.tl5-collnite.eventbrite.com.cost
The Des Peres Lodge
1050 Des Peres Rd St. Louis, MO 63131