In 1878 Ralph Clayton and his neighbors Martin Franklin and Cyrene Hanley donated 104 acres of farmland so that St. Louis County could build a courthouse and county seat. The townsfolk who pushed to incorporate Clayton, Missouri, in 1913 had little reason to suspect that their rural outpost of small frame buildings and plank sidewalks would later be recognized as a progressive metropolitan hub. Meet the author of the new book, Clayton, Missouri: An Urban Story, that reveals the making of a city and the people who built it as a community.
To register please call: 314-862-4859, x24
Presented by OASIS St Louiscost
- Clayton OASIS
- Clayton, MO 63105